What we're all about
Offers jobs to students studying
Laboratory TechnicianApply Now
Our commercial Laboratory has a position available for a Laboratory Technician to join the team.
We are looking for someone who is a team player with a positive attitude to learning, is self-disciplined with the ability to follow set procedures and take the initiative when necessary. This position is ideal for someone looking to develop their career in a laboratory environment, or start a career in something completely new.
This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week, hours will be as per the laboratory team roster and may include weekend work.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for carrying out laboratory operational activities to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service to our clients whilst gaining practical training in a professional laboratory environment.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting lab operational duties to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service to our clients
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment
- Knowledge of and an ability to follow ISO 17025 guidelines
- Working closely with the extended team within the branch
- Flexibility to work a later shift from time to time during the busy periods
- May have a tertiary qualification in science or relevant discipline
- May have practical and theoretical science knowledge
- Previous hands-on experience with GC-MS advantageous
- Good attitude to work and learn, be reliable, punctual, conscientious and able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail and excellent computer skills
OUR ORGANISATION & BENEFITS
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business.
Our staff gain value from a wide range of benefits such as job related learning and development opportunities, a career advancement framework, subsidised employee schemes as well as more holistic benefits such as social events and health initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
Please note: This information and all other Hill Laboratories work opportunities including but not limited to grad and graduate, intern and internship, entry level, full time, part time, contractual and fixed term opportunities on waikato.nxtstep.co.nz are not to be re-distributed without permission from Hill Laboratories and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd).