What we're all about
Offers jobs to students studying
Seasonal Sample CollectorApply Now
23rd Oct 2020 12:00pm
This is a great role for someone looking for seasonal work in the outdoor environment, with opportunities to travel around your local district!
We are looking for Seasonal Sample Collectors to join our Team based around Auckland, South Auckland, Waikato, Coromandel, Waihi - Tauranga, Te Puke, Whakatane & Opotiki for the 2021 Kiwifruit season. Our branch operates 7 days a week during the kiwifruit season and collects and tests samples of fruit from orchards to see if they meet the Zespri guidelines for export.
No experience is necessary and full training is provided.
This role is for a Fixed term period with training beginning in December and some seasonal work through January- February ramping up from March to June, working variable hours per week. Duties will include driving to orchards and collecting kiwifruit (on foot) as required for each sample, and then driving the collected samples to the nearest drop off point. It is expected that Samplers will be ready to start collecting at the first orchard at day break and will generally be finished by mid-afternoon. Samplers will be assigned their work for the following day between 7-9pm. Samplers may work alone or in pairs and will be well supported by our Field Team Leaders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good map reading skills
- Ability to work within set timeframes
- Flexible due to the seasonal nature of this role
- Ability to use phone and software apps
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate resilience and adapt quickly to change
- Clean driving history, full Class 1 drivers licence
- An ability to work unsupervised & to be self-motivated
- Maintain professionalism and respect confidentiality
- Team player, able to create a good working relationship with other staff in the team and across the company
- Candidates are expected to have a good level of fitness, you will walk up to 16km per day and collect fruit samples weighing 12-16kg.
All field activities must adhere to our Quality and Health & Safety standards and sample collection is carried out rain or shine so long as it is safe to do so.
This role will suit outdoor practical people who enjoy working outdoors. Ideally suited to candidates already working in the kiwifruit industry with time available March - June or kiwifruit orchardists looking to observe other orchard operations whilst filling an important industry role.
Experience working in orchards is an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rates
- Brand new company cars provided
- Early starts and early finishes
- You will be supported with the tools and equipment to carry out the role including smartphone or tablet, job management application and lone worker monitoring solution
- A positive company culture
Hill Laboratories is a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business. As a Seasonal Sample Collector you will be part of a great team providing services to the wider Kiwifruit industry.
This role is open to all candidates – those on a work visa or working holiday visa are welcome to apply
Please note: This information and all other Hill Laboratories work opportunities including but not limited to grad and graduate, intern and internship, entry level, full time, part time, contractual and fixed term opportunities on waikato.nxtstep.co.nz are not to be re-distributed without permission from Hill Laboratories and NxtStep (AttractHQ Ltd).